11 March 2009

My Vitiligo...Update

Hi... I am so happy today to document that, Protopic really worked it magic... the white patch near my lips started to repigment slowly...WAW.. it is really works.. I started my UVB narrow band and just reached the 2 minutes 20 seconds recommended from many sources, However, I think I need to increase the exposure for additional 20 sec, as I did not reached the pink color after the treatment yet, I guess this is due to my skin grade ( I am from middle east, white skin), but I think this ointment is just enough to do the job.. I would recommend every Vitiligo sufferer to use it immediately.. I was using it for almost 2 months now, The dosage is twice a day.. The patch on my hand was repigmented 80% and still progress to the 100%.. I will update you with photos shortly... God Bless

6 comments:

  1. السلام عليكم
    wissam i live in the u.s.a i got protopic from palestine i used it 5 months ago & it works but i just used it in some areas not every where
    do i have to spend 1/2 hour in the sun every day
    or how do i use it exactly
    thank you for your help
    khalil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khalil, using the protopic will only works to down-regulate (suppress) the immune response in a local area of skin to allow the pigment to be re-produced in this area (Vitiligo Area), But it is not enough, You need to stimulate the pigment cell to produce more pigment, and thus only UVB narrow band can be a solution, if you spend time under the sun it will help but will not be so effective and fast, The best solution is to use UVB narrow band light and expose your skin 3 times a week, with each time (4-5 minute exposure)., I have done that and I am recovered totally from the Vitiligo.

    So you might apply protopic morning 8:00 am to 4;00pm, wash your skin and dry, then have your UVB narrow band, and follow by Protopic application from 10:00pm to overnight.

    Kindly let us know your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your response
    ok
    i found UVB narrow band light
    here www.natbiocorp.com DERMALIGHT 80
    & that thing cost $690 WOOW
    where u got yours & how ush you paid for it ?
    thak you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wissam: We might have the same skin tone I am also from Middle East. Can you tell me what doctor did prescribe you the protopic? I have vitiligos on my hands and feet. I will really appreciate if you can provide us more details of your doctors, duration of treatment, cost of the treatment and before and after photos. Thanks a lot Brother

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doctro, is in Malaysia, Let me know more about your case so i can help. Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wissam,
    I have widespread vitiligo and have now been applying protopic to my face and neck for 3 weeks. The only new color is red plus 2 dark elevated spots that used to be moles that now regain the pigment faster than the rest I think.

    When should I add the uvb nb you think? And hos is your treatment going?

    Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete